Amanda-Users

Re: AManda Virtual Tape Manager (amvtm)

2007-10-06 21:34:13
Subject: Re: AManda Virtual Tape Manager (amvtm)
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Ronan Keryell" <Ronan.Keryell AT enstb DOT org>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 20:37:07 -0500
On 9/28/07, Ronan Keryell <Ronan.Keryell AT enstb DOT org> wrote:
> I've written a small script to help us to use AMANDA on removable
> disks. It is in use for 6 months and is helpful, so it may be useful for
> someone else too. :-)

We'd love to have a link to this on the wiki (http://wiki.zmanda.com).
 It looks fairly Linux- and purpose-specific, so I'm not sure it's
appropriate for inclusion in the codebase, but it could certainly
inspire others who are in similar situations.

On a related note, since you're scripting around Amanda, I'd be
interested to hear your thoughts on the recent proposal on
amanda-hackers to move Amanda's core algorithms to a scripting
language.  See
  http://marc.info/?t=119162629200003&r=1&w=2

Dustin

--