Amanda-Users

The question about ssh encryption

2007-09-20 10:07:20
Subject: The question about ssh encryption
From: "Takashi Kurakata" <t.kurakata AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:59:20 +0900
Hi all,

I am using amanda that the bundle is being done by RHEL5 now.
The version of  amanda  is  2.5.0p2-4.

I want to construct amanda with the ssh encryption between the backup server and the backup
client.

When the amcheck command was executed, the following error messages were output.
----
"/etc/amanda/DailySet1/amanda.conf", line xxx: dump type parameter expected
"/etc/amanda/DailySet1/amanda.conf", line xxx: end of line expected
----

The dumptype is as follow:
----
define dumptype server-encrypt-fast {
   auth "ssh"
   ssh_keys "/var/lib/amanda/.ssh/id_rsa_amdump"
   global
   program "GNUTAR"
   comment "fast client compression and server symmetric encryption"
   compress client fast
   encrypt server
   server_encrypt "/usr/sbin/amcrypt"
   server_decrypt_option "-d"
}
----
The parameter of "ssh_keys" is recognized the error message of not being.

And We read the Wiki's Page(http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/How_To:Set_up_transport_encryption_with_SSH ),
but We didn't solve the problem.

Would you please answer follow question?

1)  Can the ssh encryption be constructed with amanda that the bundle is done with RHEL5?

2) How should I do to construct the ssh encryption with amanda that the bundle is done
with RHEL5?

Your prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.