Amanda-Users

Re: Anybody having experience with Dell LT2000 or LT4000 tape changer?

2007-09-20 09:16:52
Subject: Re: Anybody having experience with Dell LT2000 or LT4000 tape changer?
From: JakeGrimmett <jake.grimmett AT mrc-lmb.cam.ac DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:15:27 -0700 (PDT)
I'm also looking at buying some TL4000 units to use with Centos5 (~ RHEL5)
and need to know if I can use the SAS version.

A closer look at the documentation you provided, makes me think that these
are in fact re-badged  IBM® System Storage TS3100/TS3200 units.

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/storage/tape/ts3100/index.html
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/storage/tape/ts3200/index.html

Has anyone tried these with AMANDA, or even, has anyone used a SAS
autoloader with AMANDA?

I'd hate to suddenly have to go to my Director and ask for extra cash for a
commercial backup solution, after using AMANDA for 5 years!

many thanks

Jake