Amanda-Users

Re: MySQL Integrity

2007-09-06 03:01:21
Subject: Re: MySQL Integrity
From: Francis Galiegue <fg AT one2team DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 08:56:36 +0200
Le jeudi 06 septembre 2007, fedora a écrit :

> Hi guys,
>
> I need u guys experiences who are close and familiar with amanda. I used
> amanda to backup my databases in /var/lib/mysql.
> Does amanda can backup and restore databases without any error of its
> integrity? I encountered 2 times when recovering databases. I can't do
> databases check integrity (myisamchk or mysqlcheck) even all the backups
> returns no error. I tried to recover those databases many times but only 2
> times I cant do the integrity checking. Was it caused by amanda or my
> settings?
> Please advice guys.

I solve this using a custom cron script that calls mysqldump on the remote
machine before calling amdump, and I save the generated dump file, not the
raw MySQL files.

Big win, because it means that I can use this dump to restore the database on
_another_ machine without any problem (granted, I always use the same charset
for MySQL databases, so it's easier).

--
Francis Galiegue, One2team - fg AT one2team DOT com
[ATTENTION : CHANGEMENT DE COORDONNÉES !]