Amanda-Users

how to let amanda run multiple backups at the same time?

2007-07-30 03:09:05
Subject: how to let amanda run multiple backups at the same time?
From: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:56:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi guys,

This is error reporting in my email:
abc.com  /usr/local/apache2  lev 0  FAILED [disk /usr/local/apache2, all
estimate timed out]
abc.com  /home               lev 0  FAILED [disk /home, all estimate timed
out]
abc.com    /var/lib/mysql      lev 1  STRANGE

I can't dump for multiple backups at the same time but amcheck can. If I
comment the line for /var/lib/mysql and /home, I can dump the
/usr/local/apache2. If I run three of them, I can't. I found out about
spindle in http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Amanda#DESCRIPTION. It stated
Amanda will not run multiple backups at the same time on the same spindle,
unless the spindle number is -1, which means there is no spindle
restriction. I am not understand about it.

this is my disklist:
abc.com    /var/lib/mysql          hard-disk-tar
abc.com  /usr/local/apache2     hard-disk-tar
abc.com  /home                      hard-disk-tar

How to edit disklist file to make it run multiple backups?