Amanda-Users

Re: Problems after splitting up a DLE

2007-06-28 16:24:49
Subject: Re: Problems after splitting up a DLE
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:20:39 -0500
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 10:09:34PM +0300, Toomas Aas wrote:
> To remedy this situation, I removed the amanda-client and amanda-server ports
> once again, in order to reinstall them with correct gnutar-listdir. And when
> removing the port, I
> again got the same error message about the same file:
>
> pkg_delete: '/usr/local/lib/libamandad.a' fails original MD5 checksum - not
> deleted.
>
> Having exactly the same library to go corrupt during two compilations of
> Amanda seems too much to be just a coincidence. The box generally seems
> healthy, there are no random signal
> 11-s or other common indications of faulty hardware. This is really a mystery.

That is very strange.

libamandad.a is a static library, and as such isn't used by Amanda in
any way, since all of the binaries either link against a shared library
or already contain the relevant code from libamanda.a.  That makes it
all the more unlikely that Amanda itself is somehow modifying that
library.

This is probably something you should take up with the FreeBSD folks.
You can feel free to direct them to this list, or me personally, if they
have any questions.

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell