Amanda-Users

Re: Problems after splitting up a DLE

2007-06-27 16:08:43
Subject: Re: Problems after splitting up a DLE
From: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:06:31 +0300
K, 27 juuni 2007 kirjutas Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>:

My Amanda setup is 2.5.1p2 on a single FreeBSD 6.2 server backing up
only itself to vtapes using GNU tar 1.15.1. It has been running well
for over 6 months, but then I screwed things up by splitting up a large
DLE into two smaller ones.

Having pondered over this very weird problem for a while, I wasn't really able to come up with any better plan than to upgrade Amanda to newer version. So I went to remove the existing version with the standard FreeBSD command of:

pkg_delete amanda-server-2.5.1p2,1

and it responded:

pkg_delete: '/usr/local/lib/libamandad.a' fails original MD5 checksum - not deleted.

So, it seems very likely that all my problems were caused by this one corrupt library. I went on and installed the latest available version from FreeBSD ports, which is 2.5.1p3. We'll see how tonight's run goes.

--
Toomas Aas