Amanda-Users

Re: Use multiple drives in tape robot

2007-06-27 06:59:22
Subject: Re: Use multiple drives in tape robot
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:55:20 -0400
--with-testing was needed with amanda 2.4.* if a client could be accessed by 2 different config at the same time.

--with-testing is not needed with amanda-2.5.*, the amandad deamon allow multiple request simultaneously.

Jean-Louis

Jean-Francois Malouin wrote:
I'll just add that you must also configure amanda such that both
configs use different ports with '--with-testing=config1' and
'--with-testing=config2' and add those to /etc/services like

amanda-config1    10080/tcp
amanda-config1    10080/udp
amanda-config2    10081/tcp
amanda-config2    10081/udp

Depending on the authentication scheme you decide to use you might
have to specify the udp and tcp port range so that both config  don't
overlap. Look for '--with-tcpportrange=' and '--with-udpportrange='

There is no provision for the access of the robotic device. At some
point I had 7 config on the same robot and I had surprisingly little
contention between the different amanda configs accessing the robot
arm.

hth
jf