Amanda-Users

Re: Use multiple drives in tape robot

2007-06-26 12:51:31
Subject: Re: Use multiple drives in tape robot
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Weber, Philip" <Philip.Weber AT egg DOT com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:49:49 -0400
On Tuesday 26 June 2007 11:58:00 Weber, Philip wrote:
> Is it possible to have 2 configs using 2 separate drives in a tape
> robot, i.e. can they share the changer interface?  I don't mean use of
> RAIT.

The answer to your question is yes, but you must ensure that only one instance
of mtx is running at a time. If your configurations each use one tape only,
then it should be safe to start them at different times, as Joshua has
suggested. If you have runtapes > 1 for both configurations (and maybe even
if not), you might consider wrapping MTX in a short script to ensure that
only one copy runs at a time.

--Ian

--
Forums for Amanda discussion: http://forums.zmanda.com/