Amanda-Users

Re: 2.5.2p1 make install oddity

2007-06-21 12:23:33
Subject: Re: 2.5.2p1 make install oddity
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:09:56 -0500
It wasn't a problem, just a comment about something that looked
odd. If the .a is not needed by the executables, then to avoid
cluttering the filesystem it shouldn't be installed.  Same thing
with the library symlinks, if they aren't used, why create them?
   It's probably just historical cruft, but it is confusing to
those of us that aren't familiar enough with the code to know
what's needed and what isn't.

Thanks for the clarification,
Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673