Amanda-Users

Re: Backup all drives on server

2007-06-21 11:08:55
Subject: Re: Backup all drives on server
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Weber, Philip" <Philip.Weber AT egg DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:35:48 -0500
On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 12:07:58PM +0100, Weber, Philip wrote:
>    Is it possible to set up some kind of a wildcard disk list entry, so
>    all filesystems on a client get backed up, without explicitly
>    specifying them.  i.e. equivalent to NetBackup's "ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES"
>    directive?  I don't like the idea of having to run the risk of missing
>    newly-added filesystems.

There's no such option.  One possible solution, though, is to
automatically generate your disklist based on manipulating the output of
'df' or 'mount' or the like.

You could even use such manipulations to *check for* newly-added
filesystems, and send an email (rather than adding them directly).

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell
        Storage Software Engineer, Zmanda, Inc.