Amanda-Users

Re: Another Configure error

2007-06-06 18:33:32
Subject: Re: Another Configure error
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Paul Crittenden <paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:28:48 -0400
Do you have a /tmp/conftest.lock file ? remove this file before running configure.

Jean-Louis

Paul Crittenden wrote:

I am trying to install amanda backup software on my Sun server running Solaris 9.0. At the end of the configuration I get:

checking whether posix fcntl locking works... no

checking whether flock locking works... no

checking whether lockf locking works... no

checking whether lnlock locking works... no

configure: WARNING: *** No working file locking capability found!

configure: WARNING: *** Be VERY VERY careful.

I have looked and looked but can find nothing to help, any ideas?

Thanks.

Paul Crittenden

Computer Systems Manager

Simpson College

Phone: 515-961-1680

Email: paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu