Amanda-Users

Re: Another Configure error

2007-06-06 17:27:15
Subject: Re: Another Configure error
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>, Paul Crittenden <paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:26:20 -0400
Chris is right,

The test program configure execute doesn't find the library in /usr/local/lib

You need some of before you run configure:

CFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib'
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib'
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/sfw/lib

Jean-Louis

Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
Paul Crittenden wrote:
I am trying to install amanda backup software on my Sun server running
Solaris 9.0. At the end of the configuration I get:

checking whether posix fcntl locking works... no

checking whether flock locking works... no

checking whether lockf locking works... no

checking whether lnlock locking works... no

configure: WARNING: *** No working file locking capability found!

configure: WARNING: *** Be VERY VERY careful.

I have looked and looked but can find nothing to help, any ideas?

Thanks.

Paul Crittenden

Computer Systems Manager

Simpson College

That's weird.

Are you sure you have your environment set up properly for building
software? Perhaps you have a security stripped setup that makes it
purposefully difficult to do anything?

I did a `man fcntl`, a `man flock`, and a `man lockf` on my E250 running
Solaris 9. They are all there. One of them was the SunOS/BSD variant,
and so was in /usr/ucb/....

Try doing a man on those. Try `set` and see what you get. I typically
set up a bunch of environment stuff (using a script) before doing
builds. If I do a `set` in my build environment, I get

CC=gcc
CFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib'
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
ENV=/radicle/.kshrc
ERRNO=25
FCEDIT=/bin/ed
HOME=/radicle
HZ=''
IFS=' '
LANG=C
LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib'
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/sfw/lib
LINENO=1
LOGNAME=root
MAIL=/usr/mail/root
MAILCHECK=600
MANPATH=/usr/share/man:/usr/local/man:/usr/sfw/share/man
OPTIND=1
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/ccs/bin
PPID=15783
PS1='mormyrid:${PWD}:${LOGNAME}# '
PS2='> '
PS3='#? '
PS4='+ '
PWD=/radicle
RANDOM=29108
SECONDS=12
SHELL=/bin/ksh
TERM=vt100
TMOUT=0
TZ=US/Eastern
_=/usr/local/src/env

But that's only part of the story, since, if it is a locked down system,
there are so many ways things can be made difficult. I also use all gnu
utilities and have the /usr/local variants of paths first so that they
will be found first (rather than, for example, Sun's various versions of
make).

Once you've built something, ldd sets up runtime linking, and so on.

Anyway, I'd be interested to see what the story is.