Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda always flushes holding-disk

2007-06-01 15:27:43
Subject: Re: Amanda always flushes holding-disk
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:18:11 -0400
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:10:16PM +0200, Harald Schioeberg wrote:
> Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> > I'm always happy to see that amanda do what it should do.
> >

> Ok, but what's the "autoflush off" parameter good for?

"Flushing" deals with dumps that were left in the holding
disk on a previous run of amdump.  Possibly because of a
hardware difficulty or because of insufficient tape capacity.
Or because some people just leave the tape out.

By default these must be flushed manually with the amflush
command.  "Autoflush yes" allows amanda to automatically
flush them as part of the NEXT amdump run.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)