Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda always flushes holding-disk

2007-06-01 14:25:05
Subject: Re: Amanda always flushes holding-disk
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Harald Schioeberg <harald AT net.t-labs.tu-berlin DOT de>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:24:23 -0400
I'm always happy to see that amanda do what it should do.

amanda always write up to runtapes tapes if it has data to write.
Why do you configure a tapedev if you don't what to use it?

Try the following command if you don't want to use a tape:
amdump <conf> -o tapdev="/no/such/device" -o tpchanger=""

Jean-Louis

Harald Schioeberg wrote:
Hi,

i have the problem, that amanda always flushes its holding-disk, no
matter what i do. I tried 2.5.2 and 2.5.2-flush-1.
I tried with different reserves and holdingdisk set to auto and required