Amanda-Users

Re: amtapetype - silly thing I tried

2007-06-01 12:22:57
Subject: Re: amtapetype - silly thing I tried
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 11:08:20 -0500
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 10:40:38AM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 08:00:21AM -0400, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> > Jon,
> >
> > amtapetype should terminate once it fill the disk.
> >
> > Jean-Louis
>
> I didn't see any smiley there ;) so I'll just note that once
> amtapetype seemed to recognize the file driver I half-expected
> it to also see the EOF like taper does.

If I understand correctly (and just to summarize), Jon, you expected
amtapetype to terminate when the tape was filled to its stated capacity
(stated in the tapetype definition..) the way taper does.  Instead,
amtapetype runs until the OS returns ENOSPC ("No space available") and
then terminates, probably with a pretty accurate description of the
amount of space available on the partition.

Sound about right?

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell