Amanda-Users

Re: TAPE-ERROR 00-00001 "[writing file: File too large]

2007-05-02 11:55:17
Subject: Re: TAPE-ERROR 00-00001 "[writing file: File too large]
From: "Igor V. Ruzanov" <igorr AT canmos DOT ru>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 19:52:10 +0400 (MSD)
On Wed, 2 May 2007, Olivier Nicole wrote:

Hi,

I run Amanda under FreeBSD-4.11, so when Amanda trying to make file of
dump with size of more than 4GB (exactly, 2**32-1), i can see in

May I suggest that you ask the question on FreeBSD list :)

Olivier

Not exactly, Olivier:)
I just tried to find some ways how to let the Amanda (taper phase of backup process) to create files avoiding Large Files Problem (LFP). For example, i can do it using the following command under FreeBSD-4.x:

ssh MyHost dump -0 -u -a -f /MyBigBigBigSlice > MyHost.MyBigBigBigSlice.0.dump

The same way is used in Amanda but in dumper phase only. But when taper is beginning to move chunks from holding disks to a virtual tape, the LFP is appeared until we do tape splitting into chunks, the method offered by Jon. Anyway, now i run Amanda under FreeBSD-5.x without LFP. I think its a good solution for today:)

! CANMOS ISP Network                        !
! Best regards                              !
! Igor V. Ruzanov, network operational staff!
! e-Mail: igorr AT canmos DOT ru                   !