Amanda-Users

amcheck fails

2007-04-30 09:26:05
Subject: amcheck fails
From: "Teodor Nicolescu" <teodor.nicolescu AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:19:59 +0300
Hello!

I have a problem with performing a backup for a Windows share. Amcheck fails with the following error

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
WARNING: 172.16.1.61: selfcheck request failed: Connection refused
Client check: 1 host checked in 10.020 seconds, 1 problem found

The windows share can easily be mounted via smbmount and in /etc/amandapass I am using the same information for user, password and share name.

-sh-2.05b$ cat /etc/amandapass
//hostname/share hostname\user%pass domainname

-sh-2.05b$ ls -al /etc/amandapass
-rwx------    1 amandabackup disk           33 Apr 30 15:14 /etc/amandapass

After running amdump I get the following error in logs:

ERROR planner Request to 172.16.1.61 failed: Connection refused

I have searched the archive and I haven't found a solution to fit my problem.