Amanda-Users

amrestore help

2007-04-27 15:21:09
Subject: amrestore help
From: Steven Settlemyre <settlemy AT asel.udel DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:15:33 -0400
I am trying to restore a folder from a tape in a previous cycle (last night had a level 0 of the disk, but the folder was deleted prior). I have a tape changer and read that amrestore doesnt work with tape changers. My dumptypes are gnutar, so I probably can't use amrecover. Is this correct? When I tried to run it, it said "amrecover: Unexpected end of file, check amindexd*debug on server localhost".

I've looked all over and can't seem to find what I need (possibly because I've never recovered before and don't know what to look for).

Steve