Amanda-Users

Re: Calling FreeBSD users

2007-04-10 10:29:10
Subject: Re: Calling FreeBSD users
From: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: Charles Sprickman <spork AT bway DOT net>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:58:05 +0300
Charles Sprickman wrote:

I've had little luck getting 2.5.1p3 working properly with the new bsdtcp auth method. Before I give up and revert to an old 2.4.x version is there anyone here using the newer releases on FreeBSD (client + server)? And if so, which auth method are you using?

2.5.1p2 is running successfully here on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE (amd64). This is one-machine setup with client and server. Authentication is bsd.

amanda-client.conf:
conf "BACKUP"
index_server "server.domain.tld"
tape_server "server.domain.tld"
tapedev "file:/backup"
auth "bsd"

inetd.conf:

Line 1:
amanda dgram udp wait backup /usr/local/libexec/amanda/amandad amandad -auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped

Line 2:
amandaidx stream tcp nowait backup /usr/local/libexec/amanda/amindexd amindexd -auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped

Line 3:
amidxtape stream tcp nowait backup /usr/local/libexec/amanda/amidxtaped amidxtaped -auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped

--
Toomas Aas