Amanda-Users

Calling FreeBSD users

2007-04-09 18:23:02
Subject: Calling FreeBSD users
From: Charles Sprickman <spork AT bway DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 18:17:01 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all,

I noticed that the new Amanda developers (Zmanda folks) are only officially supporting Linux, Solaris and Windows as both server and clients, even though their own survey showed FreeBSD as having a pretty high percentage of people using FreeBSD.

I've had little luck getting 2.5.1p3 working properly with the new bsdtcp auth method. Before I give up and revert to an old 2.4.x version is there anyone here using the newer releases on FreeBSD (client + server)? And if so, which auth method are you using?

And lastly, if we do forge ahead, I'd consider commercial support before I'd look at something like Bacula. Zmanda does not offer this, is there any other reputable entity anyone here can recommend?

Thanks,

Charles