Amanda-Users

Re: Coredumps with 2.5.1p3

2007-03-22 19:48:22
Subject: Re: Coredumps with 2.5.1p3
From: "Douglas K. Rand" <rand AT meridian-enviro DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:38:06 -0500
Jean-Louis> Could you try the attached patch? it might fix the
Jean-Louis> coredump.

It does fix the core dump.

I just sent a fairly long missive in reply to a post by Gene Heskett
where I admitted to the root of the problem being my fault: Use of
--with-portrange rather than --with-tcpportrange.

You patch does fix the core dump, which had not lead me to believe
that it was a firewall issue, which of course it was.

Jean-Louis> What do you have in the amanda.<timestamps>.debug files?
Jean-Louis> It should show an error message.

With your patch I am not getting in my amandad.*.debug files the
"Broken pipe" error that suggests a problem with firewall rules.

Thanks for the time.