Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Solaris + Kerberos5 anyone?

2007-03-06 09:59:45
Subject: Re: Amanda Solaris + Kerberos5 anyone?
From: Klas Heggemann <klas AT csc.kth DOT se>
To: Klas Heggemann <klas AT csc.kth DOT se>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 15:31:48 +0100

Are we really the only ones wanting to use amanda with kerberos 5 on Solaris?
Feels a bit lonely...

Hi!

Anyone out there using amanda on Solaris with Kerberos 5?

We've been trying to get Amanda working with Kerberos 5 on Solaris (10)
with limited success.

We've tried builds with Heimdal and with MIT-kerberos, but have not managed
to get a working setup.

Looking at the debug output (amcheck -c), it seems the the initial connecetion works OK,
but then someting bails out.

The client seems to accept the initial connection (checking and matching the
principal in its .k5amandahosts file)  It then sends an answer that
the server receives but fails to recognize so it gets discarded. The client repeats the ACK with no success and the servers gives up on the connection.

Is there anyone that managed to get this working on Solaris and can give
any hints?

/klas