Amanda-Users

RE: Need help converting to Debian amanda package

2006-11-30 16:39:59
Subject: RE: Need help converting to Debian amanda package
From: "Zembower, Kevin" <kzembowe AT jhuccp DOT org>
To: "Frank Smith" <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:34:44 -0500
Frank, thanks for your quick and accurate suggestion. I was aware that I
had configured the original (from source) amanda to use amanda:disk, and
that Debian used backup:backup. I thought I had allowed for this
wherever needed, but forgot /etc/inetd. When I made these changes,
amanda worked on the tapeserver:

cn2:/etc# rcsdiff inetd.conf
RCS file: inetd.conf,v
retrieving revision 1.5
diff -r1.5 inetd.conf
78,80c78,80
< amandaidx stream tcp nowait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
< amidxtape stream tcp nowait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/lib/amanda/amidxtaped
< amanda dgram udp wait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
---
> amandaidx stream tcp nowait amanda /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
> amidxtape stream tcp nowait amanda /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/lib/amanda/amidxtaped
> amanda dgram udp wait amanda /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
cn2:/etc# su -s /bin/bash amanda '/usr/sbin/amcheck -c DBackup'

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
WARNING: www: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 29.955 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p3)
cn2:/etc#

Thanks, again, Frank for your response.

-Kevin