Amanda-Users

RAIT vtapes: all slots are suddenly empty

2006-11-30 08:55:56
Subject: RAIT vtapes: all slots are suddenly empty
From: "Uwe M. Kaufmann" <uwe.kaufmann AT infoconsult DOT nu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:19:53 +0100
Dear listers,

since today I used a rait vtapes/physical tape configuration without
problems for some months.

But today all my vtapes are empty, so i can't load a vtape. But they aren't
empty, because a lot of backups are already in there e.g.
/amandatapes/daily/vtape4/data. I googled the list archives but i didn't
found a solution.

How can I convince amanda to accept that all my vtapes still have some
(valuable!) content?

TIA!
Uwe

Here's some further information:

jonas:/etc/amanda/daily # su - amanda -c "amcheck daily"
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
WARNING: holding disk /dumps/amanda: only 56767860 kB free (61865984 kB
requested)
amcheck-server: slot 4: chg-multi: slot is empty
amcheck-server: slot 1: chg-multi: slot is empty
amcheck-server: slot 2: chg-multi: slot is empty
amcheck-server: slot 3: chg-multi: slot is empty
ERROR: label daily4 or new tape not found in rack (<- OK, I know that)
       (expecting tape daily4 or a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 528.390 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 10.096 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.5)
SuSE Linux 10.0

jonas:/etc/amanda/daily # su - amanda -c "ammt -f
file:/amandatapes/daily/vtape4 status"
file:/amandatapes/daily/vtape4 status: ONLINE

jonas:/etc/amanda/daily # cat changerstatus
# multi-changer state cache: DO NOT EDIT!
curslot 4
curloaded 0