Amanda-Users

Re: lev 1 FAILED [no backup size line]

2006-11-28 02:38:06
Subject: Re: lev 1 FAILED [no backup size line]
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:20:51 +0100 (CET)
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > Since a few days one of my DLEs consistently fails with:
> >
> > | /--  anakin /home/src lev 1 FAILED [no backup size line]
> > | sendbackup: start [anakin:/home/src level 1]
> > | sendbackup: info BACKUP=/bin/tar
> > | sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/gzip -dc |/bin/tar -f - ...
> > | sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
> > | sendbackup: info end
> > | ? gtar: /var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists/anakin_home_src_1.new: Missing record
> > terminator
> > | ? gtar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
> > | sendbackup: error [no backup size line]
> > Anyone with a clue? Could this be /var running out of diskspace?
>
> yes, or  /var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists/anakin_home_src_0 is corrupted, you
> should force a level 0.

That fixed the problem, thx!

So finally I'm getting back to full speed, after the tar 1.13.91 debacle and
the upgrade to amanda 2.5....

I still see this new (since the last amanda upgrade) harmless warning in the
strange results section:

|   taper: ERROR could not mount disk: mount: can't find file in /etc/fstab or
| /etc/mtab
|   taper: ERROR Can't read media info, using defaults: dvd+rw-mediainfo
| returned 'file: unable to open: No such file or directory_', cdrecord -atip
| returned '/usr/bin/cdrecord: No such file or directory. _Cannot open SCSI
| driver!_For possible targets try 'wodim -scanbus'._For possible transport
| specifiers try 'wodim dev=help'._For IDE/ATAPI devices configuration, see
| the file README.ATAPI.setup from_the wodim documentation._'

I'm using cdrw-taper instead of the normal one (but I don't write to CDs, just
to vdisks).

I guess it tries to pass my tapedev ("file:/scratch/amanda/DailySet1") to
cdrecord or something like that?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert AT linux-m68k
DOT org

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds