Amanda-Users

Re: Cron troubles, or config problem?

2006-11-27 22:36:53
Subject: Re: Cron troubles, or config problem?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:30:02 -0500
On Monday 27 November 2006 21:01, Matt Hyclak wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 07:31:25PM -0500, Gene Heskett enlightened us:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> From the /var/log/cron file:
>>
>> Nov 27 19:20:01 coyote crond[7220]: Authentication service cannot
>> retrieve authentication info
>> Nov 27 19:20:01 coyote crond[7220]: CRON (amanda) ERROR: failed to
>> open PAM security session: Success
>> Nov 27 19:20:01 coyote crond[7220]: CRON (amanda) ERROR: cannot set
>> security context
>>
>> An ls -l of the /home/amanda/.amandahosts file
>> rw------- 1 amanda disk 413 Sep 19 10:47 /home/amanda/.amandahosts
>>
>> And its contents:
>> coyote.coyote.den       amanda amdump amindexd amidxtaped
>> coyote                  amanda amdump amindexd amidxtaped
>> coyote.coyote.den       root amdump amindexd amidxtaped
>> # gene.coyote.den               root amdump amindexd amidxtaped
>> # gene                  root amdump amindexd amidxtaped
>> shop.coyote.den         root amdump amindexd amidxtaped
>> shop                    root amdump amindexd amidxtaped
>> shop.coyote.den         amanda amdump amindexd amidxtaped
>> shop                    amanda amdump amindexd amidxtaped
>>
>> So that *looks* ok.  "gene" is powered down ATM.
>>
>> Now I recall there was something I had to do when switching to the
>> newer tcp authentication model, so can someone please show me a list
>> of files involved, and their perms?  Or a url that shows this?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>"Cannot set security context" points to selinux. You might do some ls
> -Z's and check the logs for errors in your selinux config.

Even when selinux is purposely set to permissive? Which I just checked, it
is permissive.

Humm, none of the selinux admin utils or troubleshooter's opening of a log
file shows more than about a 40% progress bar before they freeze, so I've
NDI how to go about using them as an actual troubleshooter.  I mean they
have to show you a message of some sort, and they are not, all I see are
blank screens.

Thanks Matt.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: