Amanda-Users

Re: More "timeout waiting for ACK" amcheck problems resolved

2006-11-21 23:45:46
Subject: Re: More "timeout waiting for ACK" amcheck problems resolved
From: "Florian Lengyel" <lengyel AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Jean-Louis Martineau" <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:32:59 -0500
After a carefully reading between the lines, I now see that, "A better advice is to configure tcpd instead of removing it" was really the following more specifically informative and helpful statement: "Add the following lines to /etc/hosts.allow:

amandad: ALL : ALLOW
amindexd: ALL : ALLOW
amidxtape: ALL : ALLOW

(you may wish to qualify ALL somewhat, or not);

retain the /usr/sbin/tcpd in the amanda line in /etc/inetd.conf

amanda dgram udp wait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/amanda/amandad

and then restart /etc/inetd.conf."

Many thanks!

-FL

On 11/21/06, Jean-Louis Martineau < martineau AT zmanda DOT com> wrote:
A better advice is to configure tcpd instead of removing it.

Jean-Louis