Amanda-Users

Re: Looooooooong backup

2006-10-18 15:22:52
Subject: Re: Looooooooong backup
From: Steven Settlemyre <settlemy AT asel.udel DOT edu>
To: Steffan Vigano <svigano AT boothcreek DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:11:42 -0400
Thanks for all the responses. It finished about 10 mins after I sent the last message, but it did run out of tape(s)... But that's another issue.

Steffan Vigano wrote:
Sometimes on my FreeBSD box 'amstatus' output doesn't change during really long dumps. I've found the best way to find out if it's still running is to use the 'ps' command and grep for the phrase 'done' ie: 'ps -ax | grep done'

Dump does a good job of reporting back how far it thinks it is in the process. ie: "78% done"
-S