Amanda-Users

Re: Infinite loop

2006-10-15 22:23:00
Subject: Re: Infinite loop
From: Jim Summers <jsummers AT bachman.cs.ou DOT edu>
To: bradw AT genetests DOT org, amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:13:17 -0500

Brad Willson wrote:
Jim Summers wrote:
Is amanda running using the group or owner.  Typically determined by
the xinet /inet service configuration for amanda.

HTH

Brad Willson wrote:
I'm stuck in a seemingly endless loop of amcheck, verify permissions,
see error, verify permissions, repeat...

amcheck reports...

ERROR: FQDN: [can not read/write /etc/amandates: Permission denied]

yet on the client...

# ls -l /etc/amandates
-rw-r-----  1 amandabackup disk 0 Oct 11 09:18 /etc/amandates

# ls -Z /etc/amandates
-rw-r----- amandaba disk root:object_r:etc_t /etc/amandates

Other clients behind the firewall work fine.

Any ideas?

Verified that too.  user and group are set to amandabackup and disk
respectively.

I'm beginning to suspect firewall rules; I have appropriate openings for
the internal and external clients, but the failing clients are firewalls
so perhaps I need to open up ports on 127.0.0.1?

Could be, my localhost entries in the firewall allow amandaport traffic. The amanda developers can definitely let you know the necessaries regarding that.

Good Luck.

--
Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma