Amanda-Users

amanda and IBM 3573-TL

2006-10-17 10:07:34
Subject: amanda and IBM 3573-TL
From: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe AT eppesuigoccas.homedns DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:50:27 +0200
Hi all,
I would like to setup a backup using amanda on a Linux SLES9 machine
connected to an IBM tape library 3573 with a drive ULT3580-TD3. The
library is connected via a FC HBA and is working fine since the IBM test
utility run correctly (I also updated the TL firmware and the driver
firmware using the IBM utility).

I am trying to setup amanda using a tape changer, chg-scsi, but its
"-scan" method does not list any device.
Using strace I found that chg-scsi try to open /dev/sg but this device
node does not exists. Is this correct? Shouldn't is use /dev/sg0
instead?

Thanks a lot,
Giuseppe