Amanda-Users

RE: Setting up AMANDA to use private network.

2006-10-11 19:30:21
Subject: RE: Setting up AMANDA to use private network.
From: "Lengyel, Florian" <FLengyel AT gc.cuny DOT edu>
To: "Frank Smith" <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:00:48 -0400

Yes...in my case, the amanda server was inaccessible from
the other interfaces, but this is correct. Practically
this means use the correct fqdn in the .amandahosts file
in the ~amanda account on the client (of course, the
name should match in /etc/hosts, or your LDAP or NIS
or whatever you use for hosts).