Amanda-Users

Re: Setting up AMANDA to use private network.

2006-10-11 18:55:43
Subject: Re: Setting up AMANDA to use private network.
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Alan Jedlow <jedlow AT u.washington DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:17:53 -0400
On Wednesday 11 October 2006 16:32, Alan Jedlow wrote:
> Is possible to configure AMANDA to use a specific
> interface for data transfer?

Since Amanda only listens via inetd, if your inetd supports listening only on
a particular interface, then you can use that configuration with Amanda.
Xinetd supports this for sure, I can't say about others.

The other thing you should do is ensure that your routing is configured so
that packets to the "internal" IP address of a machine are actually routed
over the internal network.

Cheers,

--Ian

--