Amanda-Users

RE: Setting up AMANDA to use private network.

2006-10-11 18:40:09
Subject: RE: Setting up AMANDA to use private network.
From: "Lengyel, Florian" <FLengyel AT gc.cuny DOT edu>
To: "Alan Jedlow" <jedlow AT u.washington DOT edu>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:10:18 -0400

Sure: have the DLE (disk list entry) refer to the name
of the interface you want to use (you should, of course,
give them separate names). I have machines with multiple
interfaces (external inet connection, internal backup
interface, etc) and I make sure the backup is through
the designated backup interface. I don't want any
amanda traffic on my web servers going through the
internet interfaces: the traffic is confined to the
interface for backup. Just use the hostname (FQDN or alias)
of the interface you want in the disk list entry on
the amanda server.

-FL