Amanda-Users

amrecover

2006-09-27 09:53:43
Subject: amrecover
From: "McGraw, Robert P." <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:40:54 -0400
I am running "amrecover daily". The daily amanda.conf has the following:

tapedev "/dev/rmt/1bn"  # the no-rewind tape device to be used
changerdev "/dev/changer/1"

When I go to extract a file I get the following tape device. Should not
amrecover look at the "daily" amanda.conf file to get the tape device?

        Extracting files using tape drive /dev/rmt/0bn on host zorn.
        The following tapes are needed: D00010

I can set it with settape so not a problem, just wondering.

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                 EMAIL: rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu
Purdue University                         ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street                   FAX: (419) 821-0540
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067