Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover

2006-09-27 12:15:43
Subject: Re: amrecover
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:19:58 -0400
On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 09:40:54AM -0400, McGraw, Robert P. wrote:
> I am running "amrecover daily". The daily amanda.conf has the following:
>
> tapedev "/dev/rmt/1bn"  # the no-rewind tape device to be used
> changerdev "/dev/changer/1"

This is not the answer to your problem, but generally amanda
expects the tape device to use the at&t style tape handling
rather than the bsd style.  You are specifying to use the
bsd style by using the "b" versions of the device names.

> When I go to extract a file I get the following tape device. Should not
> amrecover look at the "daily" amanda.conf file to get the tape device?
>
>       Extracting files using tape drive /dev/rmt/0bn on host zorn.
>       The following tapes are needed: D00010
>
> I can set it with settape so not a problem, just wondering.

Some changer scripts specify the tape dev.  Might you have it
defined there also and the amanda.conf setting is being superceded?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)