Amanda-Users

amrecover Q?

2006-09-22 13:42:10
Subject: amrecover Q?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:22:31 -0400
Greetings all;

After fixing everything for the proper 2.5.1 syntaxes, I thought I give
amrecover a try.  I'm getting this warning:
[root@coyote amanda-2.5.1-20060922]# amrecover Daily
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1-20060922. Contacting server on
coyote.coyote.den ...
220 coyote AMANDA index server (2.5.1-20060922) ready.
Setting restore date to today (2006-09-22)
200 Working date set to 2006-09-22.
Warning: no log files found for tape Dailys-17 written 2147-48-36 00:00:47
Warning: no log files found for tape Dailys-16 written 2147-48-36 00:00:47
Scanning /dumps...
200 Config set to Daily.
501 Host coyote.coyote.den is not in your disklist.
Trying host coyote.coyote.den ...
501 Host coyote.coyote.den is not in your disklist.
Trying host coyote ...
200 Dump host set to coyote.
Use the setdisk command to choose dump disk to recover

While that may correspond with the switch to the use of timestamps, it
doesn't make all that much sense because in that case, it should be
fussing about 10 more even earlier tapes because its currently on about
vtape 7 of the tapecycle.  Or does it quit checking once its back far
enough to do a full of everything?

Just curious, I'll go quietly back to lurking.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: