Amanda-Users

Re: Does a mixed environment of 2.5.1 server with pre-2.5.1 clients work?

2006-09-21 08:14:32
Subject: Re: Does a mixed environment of 2.5.1 server with pre-2.5.1 clients work?
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Bruce Thompson <drllama AT otherother DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:30:36 -0400
Bruce,

I committed the suggested fix to the 2.5.1 tree.

Thanks

Jean-Louis

Bruce Thompson wrote:
Hi Paddy,

I've located what appears to be the source of the _keytable errors.

in common-src/util.h there appears:

----- BEGIN -----
typedef struct {        /* token table entry */
    char *keyword;
    tok_t token;
} keytab_t;

keytab_t *keytable;
----- END -----

This is declaring an externally visible variable named "keytable" in every source file that includes util.h.

From what I can tell, this is better done as:

----- BEGIN -----
typedef struct {        /* token table entry */
    char *keyword;
    tok_t token;
} keytab_t;

extern keytab_t *keytable;

and adding

keytab_t *keytable

to util.c.

Making this change has resulted in the complete elimination of this error. I do still see warnings about regex (the global library is used rather than amanda's conflicting symbols), but I suspect this is not a significant issue.

I'm checking against the latest subversion sources now to see if I get the same errors around keytable. If so then I'll post a patch here (unless of course someone yells at me that this fix will break something).

Cheers,
Bruce.