Amanda-Users

Re: FIX: timeout waiting for ACK

2006-09-19 10:05:24
Subject: Re: FIX: timeout waiting for ACK
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:55:33 -0400
On Tuesday 19 September 2006 08:10, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I found the problem that lead to the "timeout waiting for ACK" error.
>
>If you have this problem, try the latest 2.5.1 snapshot from
>http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~martinea/amanda
>
>Jean-Louis

Ok, I understand that I'll have to modify a few things to advance to these
newer versions.  I have the wiki page bookmarked but have not done other
than the bsd-auth stuff.  Can you note any differences between the wiki
and now for 2.5.1-20060919?

Here is my current server config script, are any changes needed here?
========
#!/bin/sh
# since I'm always forgetting to su amanda...
if [ `whoami` != 'amanda' ]; then
 echo
 echo "!!!!!!!!!!!! Warning !!!!!!!!!!!!"
 echo "Amanda needs to be configured and built by the user amanda,"
 echo "but must be installed by user root."
 echo
 exit 1
fi
make clean
rm -f config.status config.cache
./configure --with-user=amanda \
 --with-group=disk \
 --with-owner=amanda \
 --with-gnu-ld \
 --prefix=/usr/local \
 --with-tapedev="FILE:/amandatapes" \
 --with-debugging=/tmp/amanda-dbg/ \
 --with-tape-server=coyote \
 --with-bsdtcp-security --with-amandahosts \
 --with-configdir=/usr/local/etc/amanda \
 --with-config=Daily \
 --with-gnutar=/usr/local/bin/tar

make
=======
And here is the client equivalent script.  Are any changes needed here?
=========
#!/bin/sh
# since I'm always forgetting to su amanda...
if [ `whoami` != 'amanda' ]; then
 echo
 echo "!!!!!!!!!!!! Warning !!!!!!!!!!!!"
 echo "Amanda needs to be configured and built by the user amanda,"
 echo "but must be installed by user root."
 echo
 exit 1
fi
make clean
rm -f config.status config.cache
./configure --with-user=amanda \
 --with-group=disk \
 --with-owner=amanda \
 --without-server \
# --with-tape-device=/dev/nst0 \
# --with-changer-device=/dev/sg1 \
 --with-gnu-ld --prefix=/usr/local \
 --with-debugging=/tmp/amanda-dbg/ \
 --with-tape-server=coyote.coyote.den \
 --with-bsdtcp-security --with-amandahosts \
# --with-configdir=/usr/local/etc/amanda

make

Thanks for taking a look at this. Hopefully my logs were helpfull.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: