Amanda-Users

Re: changes to amanda.conf for amanda 2.5.1?

2006-09-15 07:12:16
Subject: Re: changes to amanda.conf for amanda 2.5.1?
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Chan, Victor" <vchan AT csifinancial DOT com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:57:02 -0400
Hi,

amanda 2.5.1 doesn't support old syntax/obsoletes options.

Use holdingdisk and logdir instead.

Jean-Louis

Chan, Victor wrote:

To all,

I’ve changed up to Amanda 2.5.1. For some reason, these three parameters that used to work in Amanda.conf didn’t work anymore.

diskdir “var/tmp:

disksize 25000 MB

logfile “/usr/adm/Amanda/test/log”

When I ran amcheck it tells me on those lines that

"/usr/local/etc/amanda/test/amanda.conf", line 19: configuration keyword expected

"/usr/local/etc/amanda/test/amanda.conf", line 19: end of line is expected

When I commented out those three parameters, amcheck works just fine.

Is there a change in the parameter, or the syntax, that I did not know about?

/Victor Chan/

Network Administrator

CSI Financial Services

3636 Nobel Drive #215