Amanda-Users

Sun License statements

2006-09-15 10:09:12
Subject: Sun License statements
From: William Baroniunas <wbaroniu AT redhat DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:00:51 -0400
Hi.

I would like to get some feedback on certain Sun copyright statements which can be found in /contrib/sst directory. These appear to be a chunk of example code that someone upstream copied inadvertently. We are currently planning to patch the code out since it seems to be Solaris-specific. The preferred method would be to have the maintainers remove the entire directory, and publish the updated packages.

Please let me know if anyone has any comments regarding this issue as it may present problems for all of us down the road.

Regards,
Bill Baroniunas