Amanda-Users

Re: changes to amanda.conf for amanda 2.5.1?

2006-09-14 19:45:08
Subject: Re: changes to amanda.conf for amanda 2.5.1?
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: "Chan, Victor" <vchan AT csifinancial DOT com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:38:47 -0500
Chan, Victor wrote:
> To all,
>

> I've changed up to Amanda 2.5.1.  For some reason, these three
> parameters that used to work in Amanda.conf didn't work anymore.

What version were you using?

> diskdir "var/tmp:

I don't see that in my 2.4.5 or my 2.5 configs.   I vaguely recall that
was what the 'holdingdisk' parameter used to be called.  Also, you're
missing the closing quote so the parser would choke anyway.

> disksize 25000 MB

Same issue as above.  You need something like:
 holdingdisk name {
        use 200 Gb
       }

> logfile "/usr/adm/Amanda/test/log"

The log filenames are compiled in, but there is a logdir option to
specify the directory the logfiles get written into.  You might want
to read through the entire amanda.conf man page, as there are many
new options worth considering even if your old config does work.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673