Amanda-Users

Re: turn off --one-file-system when using tar

2006-09-14 10:09:34
Subject: Re: turn off --one-file-system when using tar
From: Dennis Ortsen <dortsen AT gmail DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:56:55 +0200
On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 14:58 +0200, Paul Bijnens wrote:
> On 2006-09-14 10:58, Dennis Ortsen wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm running amanda 2.4.5. on a number of FC4 servers.
> >
> > I'm using gnutar (1.15)
> >
> > Is there an option available to turn the --one-file-system option off
> > in a dumptype config? By default this command line option is parsed to
> > gnutar when running a backup. Is there an easy way to turn this option
> > off in a config file?
>
> You'll have to change the source and recompile or use a wrapper program
> which removes the --one-file-system option.
>
> To get started with a wrapper see:
>
> http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Backup_client#Paul_Bijnens.27s_suggestions
>
> Curiousity... why would you like/need to do that???

to prevent myself from forgetting to add another DLE for a lower mounted
filesystem.

for instance:

I've got a DLE -> jupiter.domain.org    /var/www        tar-med

in /var/www I have several directories, one of them has another
filesystem mounted underneath (logical volume management), for
instance /var/www/rpm

As it is now I have to remember to add a new DLE, but whouldn't this
imply that instead of having /var/www as a DLE, I need to
add /var/www/rpm and all the other directories that are on the same
level as /var/www/rpm?
Like /var/www/insite, /var/www/wiki, /var/www/othersite?

Dennis