Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda error "Unexpected field value..."

2006-09-13 17:24:46
Subject: Re: Amanda error "Unexpected field value..."
From: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT mamacass.ucsd DOT edu>
To: "McGraw, Robert P." <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:14:37 -0700
I have run into the exact same problem on a client that is running
Debian (Etch) linux using tar version 1.15.91 (and amanda 2.5.0p2-1).
I have now noticed, given your message, that things worked fine with
the first Debian tar 1.15.91 package but, when a revised tar 1.15.91
package was released end of July, 2 of the 3 partitions on the client
began failing during the size estimation stage with the same tar
error message, "Unexpected field value".

I'm going to force a full level backup of all partitions using the new
tar release yet, if this or the following level 1 fails (given what
Olivier said), I will try downgrading to the previous package
similarly.

Paul

  --received from McGraw, Robert P.--

--
Paul Yeatman       (858) 534-9896        pyeatman AT ucsd DOT edu