Amanda-Users

Searching for a particular file....

2006-09-13 16:59:52
Subject: Searching for a particular file....
From: "Guy Dallaire" <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: "amanda users list" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:25:56 -0400
Using amanda 2.4.5 with gnu-tar.

This has probably been already answered somewhere but I can't find an answer in the list or the wiki....

Is there a way to list the content of an amanda tape (without having to load and read the tape) ?

Someone has lost a file, and he does not know on which host and on which disk it was.

Is there a way to list the content of each tape (index?) and grep for some file pattern ?

ex: find all files ending with ".dmp" and list the tape name and the DLE where I could find it so I can then use amrecover and know where to begin.

Thanks