Amanda-Users

got my L9!

2006-09-08 22:59:52
Subject: got my L9!
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 12:50:10 +1000 (EST)

Ok I've received the L9 array now (picked up yesterday). It uses diff SCSI and that's no problem since I've got some Sbus diff SCSI cards to go into the Sparc 20 system which I plan to use as the new tape host manager system.

Slighty off topic Q - Does diff SCSI require different cables to regular wide SCSI cables or can regular wide SCSI cables be used without a problem?

Are there any gotchas when configuring Amanda to use an L9 that I should be aware of? I've got a bundle of new DLT-IV tapes here already. Should a cleaning tape be put in any particular slot of the tape holder or is it an artitrary config setting to specify which slot it's in?

Regards,

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.