Amanda-Users

Re: Backup plan and big filesystems

2006-08-22 22:55:13
Subject: Re: Backup plan and big filesystems
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:43:14 +0700 (ICT)
Hi,

Time to add my 2 cents to that thread, and ask for advice from Amanda
gurus too.

The way I solvedthe offsite tapes thing is the following:

I declared:

dumpcycle 1 week
runspercycle 5
tapecycle 6 tapes

I labeled 6*3 tapes, with labels like set-1-00 to set-1-05, set-2-00
to set-2-05 and set-3-00 to set-3-05. Only set-1 is marked for reuse,
when I reach tape set-1-05, I mark all set-1 as no-reuse and set-2 as
reuse. And etc.

This way I should have 2 complete cycle, including full and incr to be
offsited.

Am I doing anything wrong? I find this much straight forward than
having 2 configuration, one for full and one for incr.

Best regards,

Olivier