Amanda-Users

Re: backup ceased working? (longer mail)

2006-08-17 09:05:42
Subject: Re: backup ceased working? (longer mail)
From: Kristian Rink <krink AT pm-planc DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:57:23 +0200
Hey Gene, folks;

Gene Heskett schrieb:

> I have had several instances of exactly this failure, and I can cause it to
> repeat virtually at will by installing any snapshot of amanda newer than
> 2.5.0-20060424 here.  It will occur, not generally on the first run after
> the install of a newer version, but will blow up exactly as you describe
> on the 2nd and subsequent runs after the install.

That seems to be it.

Actually, I followed your recommendations, got rid of Debian amanda,
downgraded tar and built 2.5.0-20060424, and this nights dumps worked
well... Let's see how things will move on the next days, but I'm
carefully optimistic. :)

Thanks loads for your help!
Cheers,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink   -- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden