Amanda-Users

Re: backup ceased working? (longer mail)

2006-08-16 10:23:40
Subject: Re: backup ceased working? (longer mail)
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:15:45 -0400
On Wednesday 16 August 2006 07:25, Kristian Rink wrote:

And I snipped because its a carbon copy of my results.

>I'd be grateful for any hints no matter how small. System configuration:
>
>- Debian GNU/Linux
>- amanda 2.5.0p2-1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have had several instances of exactly this failure, and I can cause it to
repeat virtually at will by installing any snapshot of amanda newer than
2.5.0-20060424 here.  It will occur, not generally on the first run after
the install of a newer version, but will blow up exactly as you describe
on the 2nd and subsequent runs after the install.

That version is still available at:

<http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~martinea/amanda/>

2nd one down in the list, as of right now, so you may want to grab it,
build it and use it till this gets sorted.

Paddy and Kevin are looking at my logs right now.  Jean-Louis is on
vacation, hence those logs have sat unread in his inbox since 2006-07-28.
I thought I had posted them to the hackers list, but when I checked my
sent mail, Jean-Louis was the only recipient, so my touted "canary in the
coal mine" that I try to function as, failed miserably.  My apologies.

>- Tandberg Autoloader (scsiinfo: NEC LL0101H-0A Rev. 002)
>- IBM Ultrium-TD2 Rev. 36M6 tape drive
>

>Thanks in advance and sorry again for the long mail.
>Best,
>Kristian

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: