Amanda-Users

Re: Still struggling with L0

2006-07-31 14:17:03
Subject: Re: Still struggling with L0
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:11:24 -0400
On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 02:04:54PM +0100, Alan Pearson wrote:
> Guys
>
> I'm have _real_ trouble trying to force Amanda to do a L0 backup of the
> system that was effected by Amanda wiping out the last L0.
>
> I've tried to force a L0 backup of it, like :
>
> amadmin DailySet1 force qtvpdc.lab:/Shares
> amadmin: qtvpdc.lab:/Shares is set to a forced level 0 at next run.
>

> But when amdump runs, it just schedules a L1 or L2 backup.
>
> As you can imagine I'm not best pleased as I _still_ haven't been able to
> get an L0 of this system on tape 5 days later (after severely reducing the
> filesystem size)
>
> Any ideas ???

Just a total off-the-wall one.  Is your gnutar version 1.15.9?.

Another thread today indicated that those tar versions have a
defect that lets them cross filesystems improperly.  Perhaps
your tar is doing so also and the estimated size seems too large
because of that.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)